Did you lose, misplace or get your title stolen? Our office can help you to obtain a duplicate title. You must be the registered owner of the vehicle and also the address on file with the DMV must be the address where you want the title to.
What’s needed to obtain a duplicate title:
- Form REG 227
- An ID or license matching the registered owner of the vehicle
- DMV cost: $18 (additional fees may be due if your registration is set to expire within 60 days, you will not be able to just get your duplicate title, you must pay these fees as well)
- Service cost: $28
- If you are not the registered owner, you will not be able to obtain the duplicate title
- If your address on file does not match the address you want to have the duplicate title to get to, you will not be able to do both.
- If your registration is suspended, you will have to remove the suspension first in order for you to obtain the new title.