Do you need a VIN verification done on your vehicle? You've come to the right place. We have 2 on-site and off-site VIN inspectors ready to serve you. But if you are still wondering what is a VIN verification and why you need one, read on.
What types of vehicles need the services of a VIN inspector?
- Vehicles that come from out-of-state or from another country. This includes motorcycles, automobiles, trucks, motor homes & trailers. Here's an example of an out-of-state motorcycle that needed a VIN verification:
- Vehicles who have no California record. Some vehicles have been out of the DMV system for so long that there is no longer a record. The DMV no longer has your vehicle on their database, so it needs to be inspected and verified. Here's an example of a vehicle that has been sitting for years and needed a VIN verification:
- The VIN verification process confirms the VIN on the vehicle.
- It tells the DMV what type of vehicle or trailer it is. The DMV will want to determine if the vehicle is an automobile, truck & trailer. In addition, it also wants to know how many doors, what the gross vehicle weight is, and if it is a trailer, type of trailer.
- It also tells the DMV if the vehicle is California emissions compliant or not and if the vehicle is built based on the US Federal Safety Standards.
- Tells the DMV what year the vehicle is.